Song: Ma! Come Stand With Me

Ma! Come Stand With Me!

(sung to the tune of Ma! He's Makin' Eyes at Me)

Ma! They've dropped their laws on me.
Ma! They've got their claws in me.
When did we relinquish our rights?
Lose our voices? Sacrifice our choice? America
ain't what it used to be:
vanguard of the free.
It smells of hypocrisy,
a front for their theocracy, oh
Ma! It's killing me.

Ma! I'm going to fight this war.
Ma! Like others did before.
Suffragettes and Betty Friedan
showed me that I equal any man, America
belongs to you and me:
home land of the free.
Women's rights are human rights and
human rights are women's rights, oh
Ma! Come stand with me!!

(This is the second in my series of activist songs. First performed on Sept. 29, 2015, National Pink Out Day for Planned Parenthood in Hornell, NY)

Comments

Popular Posts